DEG made a submission 6 October 2023 to provide information to the Productivity Commission Review of the National Agreement on Closing the Gap Draft Report. It provided advice from our work in our Yuwaya Ngarrali partnership with UNSW to Close the Gap.
This advice is offered on:
- the effectiveness of police partnerships,
- shifting service delivery to ACCOs,
- transformation of government organisations,
- indigneous data sovereignty and Priority Reform 4,
- performance reporting tools,
- the quality of implementation plans and annual reports,
- the need for multiple modes of Indigenous participation in identifying community priorities and community-led solutions to systemic problems undtil greater structural reform is achieved,
- reflections on RSD v1 and current v2 in NSW and
- the role of a Senior leader to drive change in the public sector, and sector-specific accountability mechanisms.